Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like......

RACE TIME!!!

Last year I ran the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon in San Diego. It was my first ever RACE let alone being a 1/2 marathon. I got super motivated and signed up for the Carlsbad 1/2 marathon which is this weekend. I have done NO training for it. Note to self: never sign up for a race right after the holidays. There is way too much going on to concentrate on a rigorous training. SO.... being a person that does not quit I have decided to attempt the race on Sunday regardless of how long it takes me to complete it. 




Since I was such a SLACKER I have re-signed up for the ROCK N ROLL 1/2 Marathon on June 5th here in "sunny" San Diego. I am serious this time and re-motivated. This race is very important to me the $$ raised goes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society which is the cancer my father passed away from. Last year when I ran this race my Dad was getting text updates on his phone about my progress in my race. He was more excited for me then I was. I could hear it in his voice. I called him very first to tell him I finished and he said " Wait to go Mo! If only I could of been there! I am so proud of you." I will never forget that moment. I ran the race for him last year to get better and will run it this year in his honor. I would not be the person I am today without his guidance and support. I miss his smile and love every single minute of every single day.



I am going to follow the plan below. I invite you all to sign up for a local race in your area and follow this plan with me. I have 20 weeks to train so I am going to extend this plan and start running short runs until I get to 12 weeks out. 
Beginners' Half-Marathon Training Schedule
Week Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
1 Rest 2 mi Rest 2.5 mi Rest 3 mi 2 mi EZ
2 Rest 2 miles Rest 3 mi CT or Rest 4 mi 2.5 mi EZ
3 Rest 2.5 mi CT 3 mi Rest 5 mi 2 mi EZ
4 Rest 3 mi CT 4 mi Rest 6 mi 3 mi EZ
5 Rest 3 mi CT 3 mi Rest 7 mi 3 mi EZ
6 Rest 4 mi CT 4 mi Rest 8 mi 3 mi EZ
7 Rest 4 mi Rest 4 mi CT 9 mi 3 mi EZ
8 Rest 4 mi CT 3 mi Rest 10 mi 3 mi EZ
9 Rest 5 mi CT 4 mi Rest 11 mi Rest
10 3 mi EZ 4 mi Rest 3 mi CT 12 mi 3 mi EZ
11 Rest CT Rest 3 mi CT 5 mi 2.5 mi EZ
12 Rest 2 mi 20 minutes Rest 20 minutes Race Day! Rest Day!

Mondays and Fridays: Mondays and Fridays are usually rest days. Don't ignore rest days -- they're important to your recovery and injury prevention efforts. Your muscles build and repair themselves during your rest days. You're not going to gain much strength and you're increasing your risk of injury if you don't take some rest days.
Tuesdays and Saturdays: After you warm up, run at a comfortable pace for the designated mileage.
Wednesdays: Do a cross-training (CT) activity (such as biking or swimming) at an easy to moderate effort for 45 to 50 minutes.
Thursdays: These distances should be run at your half-marathon race pace. If you're not sure what that pace is, run at a speed that you think you could hold for 13.1 miles.
Sundays: Sundays are active recovery days. Run at an easy (EZ), comfortable pace to help loosen up your muscles. 

 Join me in running....it's for a great cause. The price goes up on the 31st of January. 

If you follow my blog regularly..... ( The "NEW' Me Plan and Ridding Process)

Day Two: Brown Pants, Cream Chiffon Shirt, Brown Shawl, Brown Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment