Monday, February 14, 2011

Soles4Soles


I have blogged about this charity before. I love what they stand for. I first learned about Soles4Souls at a Michael Franti concert. At the end of the concert he talked about this organization and asked the people in the crowd to give the shoes on their feet to help a child in need in another country. But more importantly he spoke about the importance and the greatness of this organization. I was so inspired at the last show I went to at House of Blues in San Diego that I started to do some research on Soles4Souls. I decided that I wanted to be more then just inspired by this organization but I wanted to be apart of collecting shoes for children in other countries. I posted a blog about Michael Franti and his story about how he hasn't worn shoes in 8 years in support for the men, women and children who are not fortunate enough to own a pair of shoes. Soles4Souls saw my post and asked if I was interested in starting a shoe drive. I was ecstatic and knew this was something that I could take to my workplace and get as many people involved as possible.

So.... my workplace is taking part in a Soles4Souls shoe drive. I am proud to report that so far my office has collected 136 pairs of shoes! Remarkable. There are still 14 days left in the drive!! If you have any shoes you would like to give away please bring them by my work (if you live locally in San Diego)

4141 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92113

Remember your old shoes are a child's new treasure. GET RID OF THEM! You don't need them and so many children do! 


Way to go ASCS team! I am so proud. 


 This is not even all of them!! We have 2 bags in the car to ship out already!



136 Pairs and counting....


If you follow my blog you may remember that my yoga teacher training starts on Wednesday. I will be blogging about my experience and keeping a journal for all those interested in reading and following the journey. The blog posts will be titled:  "Ohm" with me on the pink mat!

When I am certified and teaching I plan on teaching yoga classes on the beach.  Classes will be by donation only and 1/2 the proceeds will go to the Soles4Souls foundation. Hope you all will join me on the shores..... I will keep you updated but plan for those yoga sessions to start mid-April.  For all those who enjoy the music as much as the yoga I will have inspiring music and you will hear my favorite Mr.Franti. :)

NAMASTE-

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment